Actions not complex enough for a Skill Check. Simple enough that a character cannot fail but still require time and effort. Character’s get 1 free maneuver per turn in Structured Gameplay. A character can take an extra maneuver for 2 Strain. Any free maneuvers taken out of turn do not count against the character’s limit.
Types of Maneuvers:
Character gives up additional movements, Maneuvers, and Actions until next Combat Check. If the character takes damage greater than their Soak, the Aim benefits are negated.
Aim for 1 turn to gain 1
Aim for 2 turns to gain 2
Aim for 1 turn and suffer 2 for called shot.
Aim for 2 turns and suffer 1 for called shot.
Add 1 to another character’s next Check. GM’s discretion for what can be assisted and by how many.
Add 1 to any Combat Checks for +1 Melee Defense until the end of their next turn.
Interact with the Environment
- Moving a large item: flipping over a table, throwing a crate, lifting a box.
- Opening or closing a door: Blast door or manual with latches.
- Taking cover: Ducking behind boxes or looking around a corner. +1 Ranged Defense
- Draw, holster, ready, or load a weapon.
- Draw something from storage, or put it away.
Mount or Dismount
Getting into, on, out of, or off a trained animal or vehicle.
- Change range increment:
- Move between short and medium range with 1 Maneuver.
- Move between medium and long or long and extreme with 2 Maneuvers.
Multiple Move Maneuvers do not have to be done consecutively. The character is not considered to be in a new range until all Moves are complete. See pg. 221 for Range Bands.
- Engage or disengage from an opponent: Move from engaged to short range in regards to an enemy.
- Moving within short range: An unengaged character can move to another position within short range.
Drop Prone or Stand from Prone
Dropping to prone +1 to all ranged attacks
and +1 to all melee attacks made against character.
Required for some talents and abilities.